Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Prelude: Some Housekeeping Matters

Hello to everyone who's still here. It's been a while hasn't it? Well over a year since Something Creative went on hiatus, and a good 7 or so months since I took down all the original posts. Well, I'm glad to announce that Something Creative is officially back!

Since it's been a good while. I think some housekeeping is in order, no? For those who are new to the blog, this is where I am detailing and writing up an alternate history story, in a format similar to Strawberry Peppers and the recently revitalized A Crazy Gift of Time. It'll essentially follow the history of several musical acts that I enjoy in a (hopefully somewhat) chronological order, altering key events and coming up with alternate albums that the story is centered around, think the likes of soniclovenoize's well-known Albums That Never Were.

Now with a basic introduction to the premise of this blog out of the way, I should explain my plan here as to not get overwhelmed like last time. I'm planning the timeline much in advance, something which I failed to do for a good amount of the first draft. I also plan to have a somewhat consistent but reasonable upload schedule: at least two posts a month. I find that a decent goal to reach for; gives me some breathing room to not stress myself while not being able to get away with slacking off. I also plan to cut down a fair bit on "one-off" bands. A huge problem with the first draft is how cluttered it quickly got, to the point of being overwhelming for me. I intend to do more proper research on the bands I am writing about, to keep at least some level of plausibility, however don't be surprised if some of my ideas seem a tiny bit outrageous, it's all in good fun.

I came up with the name Something Creative as a sarcastic remark, due to my friend and co-author The_Lifehouse suggesting me to come up with "something creative" for the blog's name, and I thought it was quite fitting, due to the inherent creative nature of this overelaborate thought exercise. I will say ahead of time something that I didn't expressly make clear in the first draft, yet was quickly obvious: I am far from a professional writer. I'm just some high-schooler with too much time on her hands with an obsession with music of all kinds. This is little more than a passion project and I hope you suspend your disbelief a bit and treat as such. Thank you to everyone who accompanied the first draft, and I hope you stick around for this next attempt.

By the way, first chapter's releasing tomorrow. See you then!

- Auran

1 comment: